Monday 8 August 2011

About me & the blog


So this is it. My first blog with big expectations yet, if I think about it and listen to the little doubting voice in my head, probably little expectation.

I guess we all have this voice in our heads sometimes...this time I'm not taking it's advice. Which reminds me of a great saying I read on twitter recently: Doubt the doubt

With that said and out of the way, let me introduce myself. I'm a musician. From a very young age, music had a profound effect on me. As a toddler, I used to fumble about on my uncle's record player listening to "Love is in the Air" by John Paul Young over and over again. I still remember that excitement of having 'discovered' a great song. It was like a drug, a high that I kept on looking for throughout my life. My teens were pretty much taken up with playing in the school pipe band (quiet at the back!), hair spray rock, electric guitars and ended with a stint in a university grunge rock band.

Fast forward a few years....

In 2006, hearing Mark Ronson's productions on Amy Winehouse's Back to Black was a tipping point in my life. It made me hungry for the recording studio in a way that I hadn't experienced before. And so I worked on my productions in a great little studio close to my house...it was a very creative period. Until the studio-owner, now a close friend, decided to sell up (after 20 years!). I tried to work alone after that and found it to be difficult, excruciatingly dull, uninspiring and quite frankly soul destroying. After looking, unsuccessfully, for a musical partner my passion for producing is now on hold. I'm taking a little break...

I work full-time in the fashion business (something I also love) and keep a keen ear on what's happening in the music biz.

Hence the birth of this blog. A documentation of my passions in life: Music, Fashion, People, Soho, Mayfair, Family and Social Networking. Oh, and Food. Particularly Hamburgers.

Here are my thoughts and findings of stuff that interests me, for what it's worth - and I hope to share them with like-minded people.

The random (and LOUD) song in my head right now? If This Is It: Huey Lewis and the News





No comments:

Post a Comment