Saturday 13 August 2011

Sports Watches



Every summer, I go through a watch fad. I tend to be drawn to the sports watches. Big, chunky, black with a hint of a loud colour is my general preference.

I shopped around (as I do) and have decided on my top three in the £100 to £200 price range

They say nobody makes watches quite like the Swiss. While this is true, I've heard American watchmaker Nautica (the parts are made in Japan) seem to be gaining credibility among high street watch retailers.

My top dog favourite so far, is the Nautica BFD 100. It’s big, bold, 200m water resistant. I can take it kayaking or I can take it to a smart wedding. My only complaint is that the orange version would look better with a black strap. My opinion, of course. But that’s an extra £40 if you want to get a new strap….Still, if you’re happy to leave it ‘stock’ then it will only set you back about £184. Not bad for a good all-round sports watch.

www.nauticawatches.com

I also noticed Folli Follie have got an excellent range, especially in the fun nautical theme called Regata but the one watch that drew my attention was the Water Champ. I am told that this model will be popular and is a limited edition. Retails for £200.

www.follifollie.co.uk


I like the Ice-Watch Chrono, too. They're fun and look cool and not expensive. They start at £57 for the Classics and move up to £190 for the Ice-Chronos (pictured).








No comments:

Post a Comment